We've been craving a sweet dessert that is simple to make, and matcha cheesecake certainly checks all the boxes! You can also have a lot of fun with the toppings on matcha cheesecake, you can top it with powdered sugar and berries like we did here, or more crumbled cookies or chocolate drizzle for a more decant treat! Whatever you choose, have fun and enjoy!
What you will need:
1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookie or chocolate cookie of your choice
2 2/3 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon milk
7/8 cup room temp cream cheese
2/5 cup sugar
5.3 oz grams heavy cream
1/8 cup cake flour
How to prepare:
1. Break-up the cookies until fully broken into crumbs. If they are Oreos or another cookie with cream in the center, remove the cream and break-up only the cookie. You can crumble the cookies by putting them into a mixer or smashing them in a plastic bag. In a medium bowl combine the cookie mixture with the melted butter and milk.
2. Next in a separate bowl combine matcha, cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, 1 egg, and cake flour.
3. Spread the cookie mixture onto the bottom of the pan, we used a 5" by 9" loaf pan, then spread in the matcha cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake at 320 F for 35 minutes. Let cool before topping.
5. Top with your choice of powdered sugar, berries, whipped cream, chocolate or more cookies. Enjoy!