- The tin has a diameter of 2”, a height of 3”, and a capacity of up to 1.5 oz
- Edges are bevelled inwards, and the seam between the lid and the body is flat with no protrusions
- An additional inner seal is included to ensure air tight storage
- The round shape of the tea tin helps prevent moisture build up in the edges
- The canister opens with a smoothness when you lift the lid straight up—no twisting or prying is required
Each of our tea tins are made in Japan and crafted with a beautiful delicate finish by hand.
These elegant washi paper covered tins are designed with traditional Japanese patterns and hand-crafted techniques. Washi paper is made from wood pulp and is typically stronger than normal paper with a soft delicate texture. It is often made from the bark of the gampi tree, mitsumata shrub, or the paper mulberry. The name washi literally means "Japanese paper".
Please read the product care information carefully to maintain the quality of your handmade tea tin product. Improper use will damage the product; please handle with care. We hope you will enjoy our tea tin for years to come.
- This product is made of tin-plated steel, and is not suitable to store liquids. Rusting may occur if the product comes into contact with water or excessive humidity, and with normal wear after prolonged use. Dry off completely if handled with wet hands. If rusting occurs, we recommend that you stop using the product.
- Do not hand wash, and do not clean in dishwasher.
- To clean, gently wipe the inner surface (never the outer surface) with a lightly damp cloth followed by dry cloth. Make sure to dry out the surface completely.
- If you choose to place in a refrigerator, please note that rusting may be caused by the condensation from temperature change as you take the canister in and out of the refrigerator. This is more likely to occur in areas of high humidity.
- This product is not suitable for microwave or oven use.