It may be nearing the end of summer, but that doesn't mean you can't still relax with an iced watermelon matcha in-hand! This recipe gives you matcha with a twist by adding naturally sweetened watermelon juice for an easy refreshing drink to enjoy in this summer heat!
What you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon of Akira Matcha
- A blender
- 1-2 teaspoons of Honey or sweeter (optional)
- Glass filled with ice
How to make it:
- We started with making the watermelon puree by using a personal sized melon, cut into cubes, and tossed it into the blender to make the juice. (Best suggested to let it sit in the fridge before preparing this drink!)
- We then made the matcha shot by combining 1 teaspoon of our Akira matcha, a small drizzle of honey (optional), and 2 oz of hot water (not boiling), whisked together until frothy.
- Next simply pour your matcha shot over ice, finishing off the rest of the drink with the cold watermelon puree.
- Finally, your watermelon Matcha is ready to enjoy!
If you end up making this refreshing matcha drink let us know by tagging us in your photos on Instagram or Facebook! :)