Banana bread is so easy to make and a delicious healthy snack for your family or friends, Not to mention this recipe is especially tasty and good fo you since it is vegan! You can snack on this bread, eat it for breakfast or dessert, any way you have it - it is fairly guilt free and guaranteed delicious. Here is what you need and how to make it:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Oishi matcha powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe mashed bananas )
1 cup canned coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pure almond extract (optional)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds (or other chopped nut, we like walnuts, pecans, or pistachios)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large loaf pan and line with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, Oishi matcha, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and almond extract.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, and save some to decorate the top of the batter.
5. Fill the prepared pan evenly with batter. Sprinkle some chocolate chips and nuts on top.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick/knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry with a few crumbs clinging to it.
7. Rotate the loaf halfway through baking time. Let cool completely before unmolding.
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe, if you make this or any of our other recipes at home be sure to tag us in your photos on Instagram or Facebook we would love to see them. Enjoy!