Turmeric Matcha Latte (hot or iced)
A turmeric matcha latte is the perfect combination of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components creating a boost in your overall health. Matcha has caffeine and also l-theanine which contribute to a more positive mood and more energy. It also contains ECGC ( or epigallocatechin gallate ), which is believed to have cancer fighting effects on the body. Turmeric is also a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps with arthritis or joint inflammation, as well as injury recovery. Here is how to make this powerful latte:
- 1 1/2 tsp akira matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric or turmeric blend
- A pinch of black pepper to activate turmeric
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (example: oat or almond milk)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp natural sweetener ex. honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. (optional helps if you do not like as much of the spice flavor from the turmeric)
- Add matcha, turmeric, and black pepper into a mug or if iced into a glass.
- Top with hot water and whisk together.
- For hot latte: Heat up milk until it starts to foam - and add coconut oil. For iced: stir in sweetener if you choose to add it, then add ice, then pour in milk of choice.
- Drink immediately while ingredients are combined.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published