The end of summer calls for an extra sweet matcha treat! Watermelon matcha ice pops are the perfect way to bid farewell to the summer months. Here is what you will need:
For the pink watermelon portion you will need:
- 1 cup watermelon chopped (frozen or non-frozen)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
For the green matcha portion you will need:
- 1/2 cup light almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Oishi matcha powder
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 cup frozen banana for extra creaminess.
You will also need popsicle molds.
- Blend ingredients for the pink portion together and pour into the popsicle molds and freeze for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Next if you'd like a next portion to have a small stripe of white like a rind, pour a small amount of almond or coconut milk into each pop mold until frozen (about 30 minutes). Then blend the ingredients for the green matcha portion in the blender until smooth and pour the mix into the popsicle molds. Place them back into the freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight until set. And enjoy this super delicious end of summer treat!
If you try this simple tasty recipe at home, be sure to tag us on social media through our instagram or facebook, we always love to your how you enjoy your matcha!