Raspberry matcha pound cake
Let them eat cake, Matcha pound cake that is!
We recently prepared this delicious raspberry matcha pound cake and it is the sweetest summer delight! If you are looking for a way to spice up a traditional recipe, matcha is the way to go. Adding the matcha green color instantly adds a "wow" factor and gets people talking. This pound cake is perfect for an after dinner treat, baby showers, engagements or any other celebration.
Here is what you need:
- 1 bundt cake pan
- 1 1/2 cup butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon of our Oishi Matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Raspberry jam (or you can use any other fruit jam)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar add more or less as needed
- 1/2 tablespoon Oishi matcha
- Fresh raspberries (or whichever berry you'd like)
How to prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease your pan.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl, then gradually add beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and matcha.
- Combine the egg and flour mixtures together in a bowl until thoroughly creamy.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the surface until flat.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool slightly and carefully remove from pan. Cool the cake completely on a drying rack.
- Carefully slice the cake in half and spread raspberry jam on the bottom half.
- Optional: Sprinkle the powdered sugar through a small strainer on top of the cake, and then sprinkle more of the matcha powder. You can also add fresh berries and whipped cream top of or served with your cake.
We hope you enjoy this delicious raspberry matcha pound cake! If you end up making it, be sure to tag us on social media, we always love to see your matcha creations!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published