Cool off with sweet delicious matcha ice cream! With 4 simple ingredients, it is easy to make, without skimping on flavor! Here is how to make matcha ice cream at home:
- 2 1/2 - 3 teaspoons Oishi matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- One can of sweetened condensed milk (about 1 cup) or you can use sweetened condensed coconut milk for a healthier option & for more coconut flavor.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, matcha powder, and vanilla extract in a bowl and set aside.
- Then whip the cream with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for about 2 minutes, until firm peaks form and the mixture is thick. Next fold in about 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into the matcha mixture, and repeat until both are fully combined. Scoop the matcha ice cream mixture into a cooled 9-by-5-by-3 inch metal loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid and scoop able. Leave in freezer for at least 3-4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Top with a sprinkle of matcha powder, chocolate, fruit, freshly cut almonds, or other fun toppings!
If you try making matcha ice cream at home be sure to tag us in your photos on our Instagram or Facebook pages and Enjoy!