With Christmas and winter right around the corner we wanted to try a matcha drink more festive for the holiday season. A matcha white chocolate peppermint latte is a delicious treat for your family, friends or of course yourself!
Here is how we like to make it:
First you will need to make a peppermint syrup flavoring, here is what you will need and how to make it.
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 candy cane crushed.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium sauce pan and boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer stirring occasionally. Next remove from the heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Finally pour through a mesh strainer into an airtight container and discard any solids. Fresh for a week, keep refrigerated.
How to make the latte:
- Akira matcha
- milk (your choice of nut or whole milk.)
- peppermint flavoring
- crushed candy cane/mint for garnishing
- real white chocolate is best or for a no-sugar white chocolate version white chocolate powder we like 5 sparrows brand.
- Make a matcha shot with 3 oz water and 1 teaspoon with Akira matcha powder. Then add either white chocolate melted or white chocolate powder to the bottom of the cup. (You can melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, usually only takes about a minute depending on how much you heat up, to make more runny you can always add coconut oil.)
- Then add your matcha shot, and peppermint extract about 1/8 teaspoon or less than 1/4 teaspoon and mix with an electric whisk.
- Next steam whole milk or if you don't have a steamer heat on stove or in microwave until hot. Then our into matcha mix and whisk. Garnish with crushed peppermint and even a drizzle of white chocolate if you're feeling fancy! We hope you enjoy, if you end up making this drink, be sure to tag us in your photos on Instagram or Facebook! :)