Call us crazy but nothing beats the cold weather quite like a heaping cone of ice cream. And while regular ice cream is all fine and dandy, no one needs all that sugar and calories. The best solution? Nice cream! Made from bananas and with no added sweeteners (unless that's how you roll) its a 100% healthy alternative to that dessert we all love. (Plus you can use those browning bananas that you've been debating on throwing out)
Here's what you need:
- 3 fairly brown bananas (frozen)
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tsp Oishi powder
- food processor/ blender/ potato masher/ a fork & determination
- raw honey or agave*
*If you want to sweeten your nice cream
- Freeze the bananas overnight, if you cut them up beforehand, they'll be easier to blend.
- Mix the milk and sifted matcha powder in a bowl until uniform.
- Put the bananas in the food processor (or whatever blending method you have on hand) and mix until about 1/2 blended.
- Add the matcha and milk mixture to the food processor, and finish blending until smooth.
- You can eat as is for a soft-serve consistency, or freeze for a traditional ice cream consistency.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us if you make this at home!