Matcha Mojito mocktail
Need a fresh uplifting matcha drink? Our matcha mojito mocktail or cocktail is everything you've been looking for! It's an easy recipe made with crushed mint, lime, and ceremonial matcha and an optional alcoholic beverage. This is great drink for the end of summer, but honestly we say it's amazing all year 'round!
What you need:
10-15 fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon Amaya Matcha
1 lime for juicing and garnishing. Or 2 tablespoons lime juice
Sparkling water, lime or plain flavor.
3 oz Water (will be heated at 160-170 degrees F)
Optional: a squeeze of your choice of honey, agave or maple syrup
Optional alcohol: 1 1/2 ounces rum or vodka
How to make:
- Sift 1 teaspoon of our Amaya Matcha or Akira Matcha into a bowl.
- Optional: add a dollop of honey, agave, or maple syrup for extra sweetness.
- Chop a few sprigs of fresh mint and squeeze them as you go and add them to a separate small bowl. Or to crush the mint further, add it to a bowl and muddle or grind it. This will bring out the flavor of the mint. Put this mint into a tea steeping ball.
- Take you hot water and add the ball or crushed mint to the water to steep for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the ball and pour the water in with the matcha. Whisk together until frothy. if you would like more mint flavor add the crushed mint to the bottom of your glass or between ice, when adding your ice to the glass.
- Next pour in your matcha, then squeeze in a half of a lime or your lime juice. Add more depending on your preference. (Optional: If you would like a matcha mojito cocktail add in your rum or vodka. Only if you are at the required drinking age in your country.) And finally pour in your sparkling water.
- Top with more fresh lime, lime juice and fresh mint. We hope you enjoy this refreshing matcha mint mojito!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published