The 9th is Beka's birthday, so we wanted to give a healthy cocktail recipe for all those scorpios out there. Well, as healthy as you can get. If you want to make this non-alcoholic, just leave out the rum (it's still super delicious!).
What you'll need:
- 1 tsp Akira Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1.5 oz white rum*
- 1/2 cup water (175 degrees F)
- 1 tsp organic raw honey (or simple syrup)
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 lime slice for garnish
- 3-4 mint leaves, extra for garnish
- sparkling water
- In your serving glass, muddle the mint leaves and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl or cup, sift and whisk your matcha in hot water. Then mix in honey until it dissolves.
- Let the matcha mixture completely cool, then mix in the shot of rum.
- Add ice to the serving glass and combine the matcha mixture with the mint and lime juice.
- Top off with sparkling water, garnish and enjoy!
For better presentation, strain out the muddled mint leaves and add fresh ones before pouring the cocktail into the glass you're serving in.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us if you make this at home!
Don't miss the next video, delicious recipe, matcha article, or pop-up location! Follow us on the following:
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published