Baked matcha donuts are a donut-lover's dream come true! With the added matcha green tea flavor they are tasty for dessert or even a sweet breakfast treat! Pair them with matcha for the ultimate matcha delight.
Here is what you will need:
- 6 count donut pan
- 2 tablespoons Oishi matcha powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
For decoration: You can use lots of different decorations for matcha donuts, we used a milk chocolate drizzle, or a light glaze. And topped them with sprinkles and coconut, or a light dusting of matcha powder. But you can top them with whatever you choose including sugar, honey, nuts, fruit, or anything you choose!
How to make a matcha glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and lightly grease a 6 count donut pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together the sugar and melted coconut oil. Then add the egg and whisk to combine. Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and whisk together.
- Next slowly add bit by bit the flour and milk. Start with the flour, then add the milk until fully combined and smooth. The batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter carefully in the pan without it going over the edge or over the donut holes. bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the donuts. Move to a cooling rack to thoroughly let the donuts cool.
- Decorate with the above glaze or with whatever ingredients you choose and enjoy! If you make these at home be sure to tag us on social media on our Facebook or Instagram pages. :)