These matcha cupcakes are light and sweet with a hint of matcha flavor! A perfect treat for spring or for any matcha lovers in your life. Check out the simple recipe below:
What you will need:
For the frosting:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a regular size cupcake pan with cupcake liner.
- In a small bowl, measure out flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and Matcha green tea powder, mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Add oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the liquid mixture while slowly whisking with the other hand. Mix only until combine, use a spatula to scrape any flour on the side of the bowl and mix up anything at the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide batter equally among 12 cups.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a medium mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peak forms.
- Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a round tip, top cupcakes with whipped cream. Top with sprinkles, more matcha powder, cocoa powder or whatever you choose! Enjoy! :)