Chia pudding has been all the rage lately and we are here for it, especially when you add some matcha in the mix. This matcha chia pudding is a delicious healthy breakfast or snack and is extra yummy with some fruit and granola on top. Here is the highest rated recipe by our customers!
Here is what you will need:
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon Akira matcha
1/2 cup almond milk (we used toasted coconut almond milk, you can choose another milk alternative of your choice)
Airtight jar or container, must have a lid
2-3 tablespoons strawberry jam (optional, or another flavor depending on your taste)
Sprinkle of fresh berries (optional)
Sprinkle of granola (optional)
1-2 teaspoons honey (optional)
How to prepare:
1. To best dissolve the matcha mix it with a small amount of warm water in a small bowl then combine it into a larger bowl with the milk and chia seeds. Mix the milk, chia seeds and matcha throughly.
2. Pour the matcha chia mixture into your lidded jar or container. And then put into the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight for the best results.
3. Then you can either keep in in the jar/container or transfer it to a bowl.
4. Optional. Add a layer of jam on top of chia pudding or layered in between.
5. Optional. Top with your choice of fresh fruit, granola, and honey. We used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, honey and granola. Some other fun toppings are banana, maple syrup, or cinnamon.
We hope you enjoy! If you end up making a matcha chai pudding with our Akira matcha, tag us in your photos, we'd love to see how you enjoy making it!
Photos by Jaymee Escamilla, written by Adrianna Kamosa