Try these yummy and simple chai energy balls! We used our delicious chai spice blend along with wholesome ingredients for this snack you can take on the go, before a work out, for breakfast, or whatever you may choose!
- 2 tsp of our chai spice blend
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or ground chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (we used creamy almond butter)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
Optional: add 1 tbsp cold brew for more coffee flavor (You can also leave out the espresso or anything coffee related if you just want the chai flavor to shine!)
Will make about 15-20 energy balls
- In a large bowl combine chai spice blend, oats, espresso powder, chia seeds, and your cocoa nibs/ ground chocolate chips.
- Then add nut butter, honey/syrup, vanilla extract, and cold brew if you choose to add it. And combine fully together with a spoon or spatula.
- Next cool in the freezer or fridge for about 10-20 minutes, until firmer.
- using a spoon or teaspoon roll mixture into ball balls about an inch in diameter, roll with your palms to make a ball shape.
- Enjoy with your morning matcha or drink of choice or on the go!
Remember if you try these at home be sure to tag us in any of your recipe experiments on our Facebook or instagram pages.