Banana bread is super easy to make and a great recipe to use up any old bananas that are super ripe or sitting in your freezer. Banana bread is extra tasty in the Fall season with some chai spice! This makes for a great breakfast or snack option.
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk, greek yogurt, or almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2 or 3 medium bananas
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chai spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts, pecans or raisins. We used walnuts in this recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set the pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients, the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, honey or syrup, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the mashed bananas, the dry flour mixture, and optional nuts.
- Our the batter into a greased pan. you can sprinkle more nuts, raisins, or banana slices on top if you would like. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Photos by Jaymee Escamilla