Matcha biscotti is the perfect sweet treat to pair with a matcha, black tea, or coffee. We took a traditionally Italian treat and mixed it with our delicious Oishi Matcha, almonds, and chocolate for you to serve as a dessert or morning delight! We hope you enjoy!
What you will need:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups and 2 tbsp whole-wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon Oishi Matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup posted almonds slightly diced
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces chocolate for dipping and drizzling
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to prepare:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir together dry ingredients including, sugar, flour, matcha, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Chop half of the almond in blender or food processor to be a just a little chopped. Stir in whole and chopped almonds. Add eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Beat with a mixer until the dough becomes sticky.
- Divide the dough into equal halves and shape each half into 8-inch-long logs placed on parchment paper. Shape each dough log to be 3 inches wide. Bake at 350 degrees F until set, for 20 minutes until the dough is slightly cracked.
- Remove the biscotti logs from the oven too cool. after about 5-10 minutes, transfer the logs onto a wire wrack or cool flat surface. Cool for another 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Place the biscotti logs on a cutting board, and slice diagonally into around 12 pieces per log. Return pieces to the baking sheet with payment paper and baked at 300 degrees for 20 minutes flipping after around 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack or plate for 30 minutes.
- For dipping/drizzling chocolate place chocolate in a microwavable bowl on medium until melted, stir about every 30 seconds until melted down. Then stir in espresso granules. Dip bottom and drizzle chocolate over the biscotti. Set for at least 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
If you end up trying this recipe be sure to tag us in your photos on Facebook or Instagram!