Have you been craving peanut butter cups but don’t want to break your diet? Then this recipe is for you! Using healthier ingredients, we made some really yummy almond butter cups.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 10oz bag of your favorite white chocolate
- 2 tsp of coconut oil (use less if you want a harder chocolate)
About ¼ cup of your favorite almond butter
- 1 tbsp matcha
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tin
Depending on the size of your muffin tin, the amounts used will vary. We used a regular muffin tin, if you use a mini muffin tin the amounts will be cut in ½. Also keep in mind that none of these measurements have to be exact, you can add more or less of anything to suit your tastes!
- If you want some plain white chocolate cups, separate the white chocolate into two separate bowls. Add in the coconut oil to the white chocolate. For matcha flavored cups, sift the matcha into the bowl with the white chocolate and coconut oil. (Sifting makes the cups less grainy and more uniform in color).
- Using either a double boiler, a melter, or a microwave at 30 second increments, melt the white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Put enough of the chocolate in the bottom of the cupcake liners to cover the whole area. Freeze this for about 10-20 minutes until solid.
- After the bottom is solid, scoop 1 tsp of almond butter into the middle of the chocolate, keeping it away from the liner as best as you can.
- Pour on the rest of the chocolate and freeze another 20 minutes until solid.
Notes: If you don’t want the chocolate to bloom (when it has a white-ish film on it) you should try and keep the cups at the same temperature after it sets. If the chocolate does bloom don’t worry! It’s still perfectly fine to eat, they just don’t look as pretty as usual.
Enjoy and don't forget to tag us in your creations if you make these at home!