Matcha and chai are the perfect pair! The combination of matcha green teas' frothy fresh flavor mixed with the natural warm spice of chai makes for a perfect latte you can try iced or hot! This recipe will be iced, but if you would to make it hot, simply steam your milk and add it to your matcha and chai mixture.
What you will need:
- A glass, a cup, and bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon Akira matcha
- 1/4- 1/2 cup water hot but not boiled as to not burn the matcha. (This is for your matcha)
- 1/4 teaspoon chai spice
- your favorite chai tea bag (optional) + 1/4 cup hot water for this tea
- Your favorite milk (We like almond, oat, cashew and many other milk alternatives but this is totally up to you!)
- Bamboo whisk, or handheld frother (If you would like the latte hot you can also use an electronic frother.)
- Take your bowl or a cup and combine your matcha, our chai spice blend blend, and hot water.
- Froth your chai spice and matcha mixture until fully combined and there is a nice layer of bubbles on the top.
- Next, take another cup and steep the chai tea bag (An optional step if you'd like to have more of the matcha flavor with a hint of chai.)
- After the tea has steep for 2-3 minutes depending how strong you like it, pour the ice into a glass, then the matcha mixture, then the chai and finally your favorite milk. This is delicious iced or hot, if you try it either way be sure to tag us on on our Facebook or Instagram pages! Enjoy!