Chai matcha latte
Happy First day of Fall! We are celebrating first thing with our favorite hot matcha chai latte! This a is a fan-favorite and super easy to make, we hope you all enjoy this classic and comforting drink!
What you will need:
1 teaspoon Akira matcha
3 oz hot water (never boiled or over the temperature of 180 degrees F.)
A pinch of our chai spice
Your choice of a milk alternative, we like almond, oat or soy milk.
Matcha chasen, electric milk frother, or milk steamer. We like to use our bamboo Chasen or hand-held electric whisks.
Optional: Your choice of natural sweetener, honey, agave or maple syrup. We like to use a half teaspoon.
How to prepare:
- First have all of your ingredients ready. Heat up your water until it reaches between 170-180 degrees F.
- Scoop the matcha, pinch of chai, and optional sweetener into a small bowl.
- Pour in hot water and whisk matcha mixture until frothy. Then pour mocha mixture into your mug.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with your choice of milk. Optional: To make your milk more frothy you can froth it separately from your matcha with an electric milk brother or steamer, then pour together.
- Top with another pinch of chai and your matcha is ready to drink for the rest of the fall season! :)
Photo by: Levi Guzman
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published