The magic in this recipe comes from a little blue flower native to Southeast Asia called the butterfly pea flower. Tea made from these flowers starts out a rich sapphire blue and when the pH of the blue tea is changed, in this case with the addition of lemon juice, it transforms into a vibrant magenta.
What You Need:
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder (also called "Blue Tea Powder")
- Filtered Water
- Honey or Agave
- Mix the tea by stirring 1/4 teaspoon of butterfly pea flower powder into 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Add honey or agave to taste (optional)
- Pour the tea mixture into a glass with ice.
- Fill the glass with lemonade and enjoy!